We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to help develop the next-gen Square Panda learning systems!
Square Panda is an educational technology startup dedicated to helping kids acquire the skills they need to be a fluent reader. Our team is comprised of passionate researchers, designers, engineers, and artists. At Square Panda, we believe multisensory play is the key to unlocking memorable learning experiences. We're looking for an individual who is excited to build products to help kids become strong, confident readers!
The ideal candidate is a strong and confident leader with plenty of experience designing consumer products. He/she has phenomenal project management skills and a track record of being an excellent communicator. This person is also natural mentor and is eager to use their extensive experience to help team members grow.
This role is located in Sunnyvale, CA and reports to the Director of Product.
- Own the development of our 2nd generation phonics playset, from concept to production
- Work with product stakeholders (product managers, marketing, curriculum, etc) to define product requirements and distill them into technical, functional, and compliance design requirements
- Interdisciplinary product development, including interfacing with industrial, electrical, firmware, and software engineering
- Establish document control processes and own upkeep of the document tracking system (we use Arena)
- Work closely with engineering counterparts in our China office to ensure smooth and efficient product development
- Project management---scheduling, budget management, cost estimation, and resource utilization
- Oversee and direct the development of accessory products
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that furthers our company's mission
- Coach, inspire, and motivate team members, as well as provide strong technical guidance
- 8+ years in hardware product engineering, 3+ years as an engineering manager
- Strong project management and process control know-how (Arena experience preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of scalable manufacturing processes and DFM
- Able to travel up to 15% to manufacturing facilities in China
- Significant experience working with manufacturing teams in China
- A track record of leading productive and collaborative engineering teams
- Has worked on products that shipped
- Prior experience in a startup
- Creative and resourceful problem solver
- Prior experience with children's product development
- Conversational Mandarin is a plus
To apply for any of these jobs, or to submit your resume for general consideration, please email email@example.com
Attention recruiters: we do not accept unsolicited resumes please do not send them.