We are looking for a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer to help design and build the next-gen Square Panda learning systems!
Square Panda is an educational technology startup dedicated to helping kids acquire the skills they need to be a fluent reader. Our team is comprised of passionate researchers, designers, engineers, and artists. At Square Panda, we believe multisensory play is the key to unlocking memorable learning experiences. We're looking for an individual who is excited to build products to help kids become strong, confident readers!
The ideal candidate is a fast moving and confident individual who has a strong track record of techical ownership and collaboration. He/she is earger to apply their knowledge of mechanical engineering towards designing highly impactful learning products for kids.
This role is located in Sunnyvale, CA and reports to the Director of Hardware Engineering
- Support the mechanical architecture and design
- Collaborate closely with industrial, electrical, firmware, and manufacturing engineers
- Generate CAD models and engineering drawings for manufacturing
- Injection-molded plastic part design and first article inspection
- Integrate mechanical systems with electrical components like PCBAs, sensors, displays, lightpipes, etc.
- Support manufacturing and QA with fixture or testing apparatus design
- Able to travel 10% to China to support First Article inspection and DVT
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years experience in consumer electronics (full development cycle from concept to production)
- Extensive SolidWorks CAD skills
- Familiar with rapid prototyping methods such as 3D printing, quick-turn CNC machining, low volume molding, silicone casting, etc
- Knowledge of scalable manufacturing processes and how to DFM
- Some experience with Chinese manufacturing vendors
- Prior experience in a startup or Product Design Firm
- Prior experience with children's product development
- Strong bias towards action, creative and resourceful problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects (and enjoy it!)
- Has worked on products that shipped
- Conversational Mandarin is a plus but not required
To apply for any of these jobs, or to submit your resume for general consideration, please email email@example.com
Attention recruiters: we do not accept unsolicited resumes please do not send them.