Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Square Panda is an educational technology startup dedicated to helping kids acquire the skills they need to be a fluent reader. Our team is comprised of passionate researchers, designers, engineers, and artists. At Square Panda, we believe multi-sensory play is the key to unlocking memorable learning experiences. We're looking for an individual who is excited to build our next generation products to help kids become strong, confident readers!
The ideal Product Designer candidate is a thoughtful generalist who can apply their strong design skills to any problem. This person will work on solutions across multiple product lines, from new data visualizations for teachers, to license management for administrators, to in-game player interfaces, as well as apply their solutions across multiple platforms (web, mobile, 3rd party social apps, etc). This role reports to the Director of Product.
- Work with cross-functional teams (product managers, engineering, curriculum, data, sales, etc) to iterate on existing products and invent new ones
- Design interactions for new features, applying existing design patterns and creating new ones, across our platforms.
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to define features and functionality, with other designers for feedback and critique, and with internal stakeholders (curriculum, sales, marketing) to evaluate the impact of your work
- Develop and maintain brand integrity
- Strong UI/UX and visual design skills
- Able to take high-level ideas and formulate them into new product features
- Excellent judgment and prioritization -- know which details matter most
- Experience building clear, effective interactions to accomplish product or business goals
- Great communication skills – produce effective documentation to convey design specifications and intent
- Prior experience in designing ed-tech products
- Can prototype what you design – competence with HTML, CSS, JS, etc
- Prior experience designing products for a global market (US, China, India, etc)
- Prior experience in a startup
To apply, please submit a resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.