Software Engineering Manager, Cloud Platform
The Software Engineering Manager, Cloud Platform will manage the internal Square Panda Cloud Platform Engineering team, work with the Square Panda Product team (product, educational curriculum) and external engineering teams to design, develop and extend our cloud-based back-end services and their client software. Square Panda’s Educational Cloud Platform delivers critical functionality to our innovative educational technology products.
The primary duties will include managing the team that is developing the server-side and client-side software for our cloud platform – working with proprietary as well as industry-standard API’s to interface with web pages, mobile apps, and other systems. Additional duties will include managing development of internal tools, technical research projects, supporting partners and internal stakeholders and other duties as required.
The successful candidate will be an experienced engineering manager broadly skilled in server/web/cloud technologies with strong programming experience in multiple common state of the art programming and scripting languages, algorithms, systems/software architecture, data analytics, etc.
This position reports to the CTO, with important relationships to the Product Team.
- Implement and insure best-of-class engineering processes.
- Effectively manage a diverse software engineering team.
- Oversee architecture, code reviews, and execution of the cloud platform road map.
- Manage deployment of “live” services to the cloud, following best continuous-integration practices.
- Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop product requirements and innovative solutions.
- Create/Extend documentation for our cloud platform.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field and relevant experience
- 7 years of software engineering experience
- 2 years of software engineering management experience (a team of at least 5 engineers)
- Strong software development skills including programming languages, system architecture and agile development process.
- Strong experience in many of the following areas:
- Modern, object-oriented programming languages: Java, C++, Scala, Ruby, …
- Programming frameworks: Spring, MVC, NodeJS, …
- Scripting languages: Python, Perl, …
- UNIX systems and development
- Databases: Mongo, NoSQL, …
- REST-compliant API’s, SOA,
- Cloud platform expertise: AWS preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven leadership and people management skills.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or relevant domain
- Experience with big-data systems and solutions (Hadoop, etc.)
- Additional skills that add value to our company (technical or domain).
- A passion for our product space and a desire to improve the lives of others.
To apply, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type: Full time
Last Updated: January 18, 2017
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA
About Square Panda:
Square Panda Inc. (http://www.squarepanda.com ) is a privately funded startup company focused on creating fun, innovative and educationally sound products that help children acquire early-reading skills through game play. Our unique connected playset and “smart letters” work with mobile tablet software to present a multi-sensory (touch, visual, audio) approach to phonics and other critical early reading skills.
To all recruitment agencies: Square Panda does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or other company locations. Square Panda is not responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Square Panda is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special ne